Odebrecht’s strategic operating space, Latin America was the first market to receive projects from the Organization in its internationalization process . So much so that in 2012, Odebrecht celebrates 33 years of presence in Peru.
Odebrecht América Latina is responsible for leading engineering and construction projects, mainly in the infrastructure segment, and for training professionals committed to the art of service. Currently there are more than 50 contracts, in which 32 thousand people work. The company operates today in the following countries:
- Dominican Republic
The projects that deserve to be highlighted are:
- The conquest of the first Metro Line in Panama City (Line 1) and the completion of the second phase of Cinta Costera and the Dos Mares Hydroelectric Project.
- Beginning of the Sarmramento Sarmiento Project, for the transformation of an urban railway into an underground train connecting Buenos Aires to the locality of Moreno, in Argentina.
- In the Dominican Republic, the acquisition of 50% of the share capital of the concessionaire Autopista del Coral and the consequent control of the company; the approval of the Palomino Hydroelectric Plant as a CDM Project (Clean Development Mechanism) in compliance with the provisions of the Kyoto Protocol and the UN Convention; and the completion of the Samaná Aqueduct (1st and 2nd stages).
- In Colombia, the conquest of the second phase of the Rota do Sol highway, which will connect Bogotá to the 528 km long Caribbean coast, to be operated by Odebrecht for 15 years.
- In Cuba, he started the works to expand Porto Mariel, the largest contracted project in the country.
- In Mexico, the Michoacán Hydro-Agricultural Project was completed and, in 2011, the earthworks for the construction of the Braskem EXXI Industrial Plant began.
- In Peru, the winning of the concessions for the Chaglla, Cumba, Chadim and Tambo 40 hydroelectric plants and the completion of the ports of Melchorita, Callao and Bayovar and the Sisa-Cuñunbuque highway.
- And in Ecuador, it completed the complementary rehabilitation works of the San Francisco Hydroelectric Power Plant (CHE), in addition to winning the Manduriacu Hydroelectric Project.
However, Odebrecht has already participated in projects across the region. Among those completed are Águas de Maldonado , in Uruguay, and a stretch of the Bioceanic Corridor , in Bolivia.